Study Island is completely Web-based, which allows students to access the program from any computer with an Internet connection and a standard Web browser. Study session results are automatically recorded for teacher review, including results from sessions completed outside of school.
The program is divided into sections based on subject (math, reading, etc.). Each section is made up of 15 to 30 topics, with each topic containing about 20 to 30 questions. Topics are accompanied by a lesson, which contains a brief overview of the material covered in that topic.
Follow the instructions below in order to use the program:
1. Go to http://www.studyisland.com/
2. Enter your username and password at the upper left side of the screen, and click “Submit.” Students will receive a username and password from their school – Username is [email protected] Password = neil
3. Click on a subject (math, reading, etc.)
4. If this is the first time using the program, click “Pretest.” You must complete 10 Pretest questions to unlock the rest of the content in that subject. If there is no Pretest option, or if you have already taken the Pretest, you may move on to the other content topics.
5. Choose a Session Type. The default setting is Test mode, however, students may also select Printable Worksheet or Game mode if permitted by the school.
6. To pass a topic, you must meet the passing requirements, which are based on a minimum number of questions answered (usually 10) and a minimum percentage correct (around 70%). A blue ribbon icon is displayed next to all passed topics.
7. Once you have completed the Pretest, you may work through the remainder of the topics in any order. You must pass all topics before taking the Post Test.
8. Once you have passed all the topics, you must pass the Post Test to complete the subject. Ignore this step if the subject has no Post Test.
9. When you pass all topics in all subjects, you have completed the program.
If you need assistance from home, contact Study Island at 1-800-419-3191 or email them at [email protected]
To Access Reports:
Select a subject under Reports from the left-hand side of the screen to access your reports.