Bethel Park High School students are working together to support The Still Remembered Project, an organization that provides care items, services and support to those who experience a miscarriage, stillbirth or lose a child shortly after birth.
BPHS DECA students, led by juniors Samantha Huwe and Brenna Manko, conducted the following activities to assist the organization:
- Collected gently used stuffed animals which were sold to students at Neil Armstrong Middle School to raise $311. That money was used to purchase the items that were needed to make memory boxes for grieving families.
- Worked with Ms. Potts' Sewing Classes to make blankets for the babies.
- Raised $72 through the sale of 72 donuts, which were donated by Metz and Associates, the District's Food Service provider, to purchase the material for the blankets.
- Encouraged staff and students to donate $1 on Giving Tuesday, November 28.
- Continuing to make memory boxes
- Continuing to volunteer at Still Remembered events.
The organization was founded by 2002 Bethel Park High School graduate Lauren McLean
. You can learn more about Still Remembered by clicking here
Making the blankets were Gabriel Ben-Tzylon, Abby Cannon, Aiaina Cerro, Azalynn Coblentz, Katie Crooks, Sarah Dehls, Leslie Folino, Katelyn Gobbie, Madison Huebner, Samantha Huwe, Megan Janusek, Dallas Jones, Gavin Julian-Behr, Lanie Kauric, Brenna Manko, Madelyn Marzina, Marley Murphy, Chanel Ngo, Brianna Nicholas, Jjillian Noel,, Emily O'Donnell, Gina Pietropaolo, Madison Podsaidly, Anthony Pusateri, Hayley Ruffing, Shelby Sweitzer and Katie Zoldos.