Bethel Park High School and Independence Middle School students won 10 awards at the Family Career and Community Leaders of America's State Competition, including two Gold Medals, five Silver Medals and three Bronze Medals.
GOLD MEDAL (and qualifying to compete in the FCCLA National Competition to be held this summer in Anaheim, CA)
- Haley Bell -- "Garbage Cans to Rain Barrels" in the Environmental Ambassador Event
- Lexi Dorfner -- "Dorfner Family Christmas Party" in the Life Event Planning Event
- Caitlin Chichwak, Jessica Toogood and Tessa Wagner -- "Sweet Ride Cookies" in the Food Innovations Event
- Alyssa Vetere -- "Reuse, Recycle, Refashion" in the Recycle Redesign Event
- Bella Riepole -- "Becoming a Pediatric Nurse" in the Career Investigation Event
- Ella Morgan, Emma Haner and Allyson Yantek -- "Tasty Pastry Puffs" in the Food Innovations Event
- Lauren Vetere and Alyssa Headley -- "Bounce Back to Proper Nutrition" in the Sports Nutrition Event
- Layla Goodman -- "Germ Patrol" in the Focus on Children Event
- Lydia Lorenzi and Samantha Kern -- "Cooking Up Happiness" in the Illustrated Talk Event
- McKenna Carlin and Delaney Puskas -- "Helping Hearts for the Homeless" in the Chapter Service Project Display Event
The Independence Middle School FCCLA Club received the Chapter Award for the largest percentage increase in membership at the Middle School Level in Pennsylvania
The students are prepared for this competition by Bethel Park High School Family and Consumer Science Teacher Jill Simpson and Independence Middle School Family and Consumer Science Teacher Heather Fontana.