Before you complete the Parking Application Google form below, you must review the Parking Rules document and complete all necessary forms. If you plan to have a passenger ride with you to and/or from school, you must print and complete the Passenger Consent Form and turn it in when you pick up your parking pass.
PARKING INFORMATION FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
Attention Senior and Junior Students - 2019-2020 Parking Passes may be purchased beginning on July 22, 2019 from 7 AM to 1:30 PM at the High School Activities Office. Cost of Parking Passes is $50.00. The purchase of a parking pass is payable by check or money order to Bethel Park High School Activity Fund.
SCHOOL YEAR STUDENT PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS
For the mutual protection of persons and property, we agree that the driver will abide by the driving rules and regulations of the School District, including these listed below: Only 11th & 12th grade students with a valid PA Driver's License will be permitted to park on campus ALL YEAR for a non-refundable fee of $50.00 may request a parking permit. Tenth Grade students will have an opportunity to secure a parking pass once all seniors and juniors have filed for application (time to be determined by the principal).
The BPHS Parking Application form must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian using the online Google form found below.
- A non-refundable registration fee (personal check or money order only, made payable to "Bethel Park High School Activities Fund") is required before a permit will be issued as well as any outstanding prior obligation must be paid. Lost or Stolen tags must be reported to the Office immediately and replacement tags may be purchased for an additional $50.00.
- Students must turn in a copy of the Owner’s Card, Insurance Card, Driver’s License, and Passenger List Form, to the Activities Office (cafeteria) when picking up the parking tag.
- Issuance of parking permits will be strictly limited and dependent on availability of spaces.
- Student drivers must present your Driver’s License when you pick up your parking tag. Students may receive a Parking Permit, ONLY if they:
- Are enrolled in a school-operated work program that requires an early release.
- Are enrolled in classes outside of BPHS.
- Are involved in school activities that require them to arrive early or stay beyond the activity bus departure – verification will be required from Athletic Office, coach and club sponsor.
- Work immediately after school – employer verification must be presented upon request.
Parking passes will be revoked for the following reasons:
- Arriving late to school will result in loss of driving privileges (see Student Handbook Attendance section). Students are expected to be in homeroom before 7:25 a.m.
- Unauthorized sharing parking passes with other students.
- Accumulating 10 or more tardies to Homeroom/15 days of absence.
- Leaving school without permission.
- Reckless driving, speeding, riding on hoods, or driving in a manner that is dangerous to oneself or others on school property. These actions are subject to prosecution under the Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Code.
- Unauthorized passenger(s). All drivers must register their passenger(s) on this Form and obtain the required signature(s) and submit the form to the Activities Office.
- Unauthorized entry into a car during school hours (including lunch periods).
- Excessive or major violations of school regulations.
- Any student who has parked in an unmarked space or location such as YMCA Parking Lot, Teacher's Lot, IMS and streets located near the high school.
- Any Level III Violation
- Administrative Discretion/School Obligations.
- Parking Pass must be displayed from the vehicle that you registered. If you drive more than one car, you must register that vehicle as well and keep the pass in the car you are driving.
- Forgery of parking passes will result in the student losing their pass and will be assigned to the Saturday Detention (Level II).
- Students are to display parking tags on the rearview mirror. Failure to have the parking tag displayed properly will result in a warning and will then be followed by the loss of parking privileges which could result in the vehicle being ticketed and/or towed at owner’s expense.
- Students are permitted to park ONLY in the Stadium Parking Lot and near the YMCA as indicated by the color of the tag, and ONLY in the assigned designated marked spots (parking pass numbers coincide with parking space). Holding only one pass will not permit use of both lots.
Parking is not permitted at Independence Middle School, Spencer YMCA, pedestrian walkways, end caps, reserved spaces or teacher lots (other than in the numbered parking section). Students found parking in these areas will be disciplined accordingly and will lose parking privileges as determined by the principal.
- All requests for early releases must be done prior to the release through the Attendance Office.
- All parking permits, fees, rules and regulations apply to all forms of approved student transportation.
- Two wheel non-motorized vehicles must be parked only in designated/approved spots and must have a valid parking sticker attached to the frame of the vehicle.
Driving to School:
In accordance with the two student parking locations, students may only enter and park as indicated by the parking pass color. The bright colored pass drivers are to enter the campus off of Church Road and park in the high school lot adjacent to the faculty parking lot (not in the faculty area). The other parking pass drivers are to enter off of Broad Street and park in the assigned space adjacent to the Athletic Stadium. Students may not switch pass locations without proper approval by administration. Failure to abide by the entrance location and designated parking locations will result in a loss of driving privileges and will be issued discipline as identified by the Student Handbook. Students are not permitted to drive their vehicle through the front entrance of the building area (circle) during the school day. Doing so may result in a loss of student parking permit.
Parking Permits will not be issued to students who have outstanding obligations.
To apply for your Parking Pass, complete the application via this Google Form
. Note: You will need to log in to Google using your bphawks.org credentials.