Our job as school counselors is to be here for all BP students and their families. We address the developmental needs of all students through a comprehensive school counseling program that focuses on the academic, career and personal/social development of our students.
Our goal is that all students at Neil Armstrong Middle School feel welcome and secure to explore the world, challenge their thinking, experience success, and learn more about who they are and who they will become in the future.
As Middle School Counselors, we believe that every young adolescent…
• Is worthy of love and respect and deserves to be cherished.
• Has the ability to achieve.
• Has the right to learn in a supportive and healthy environment.
• Deserves to have their learning styles respected and supported.
• Has the right to be encouraged in their areas of strength and interest and supported in their areas of weakness.
• Has the right to participate in a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses their academic, career, and personal/social development needs.
School Counseling Department Mission Statement
The mission of the school counseling department at Neil Armstrong Middle School is to ensure that all students develop the academic, career, and personal/social knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to become lifelong learners in an ever-changing diverse society.
School Counselors help children…
• Understand the self and develop a positive self image
• Show respect for the feelings of others
• Understand the decision making process
• Maintain effective relationships with peers and adults
• Gain an understanding of the world of work
• Provide immediate and short term individual counseling
• Facilitate short term small group counseling
• Collaborate with teachers and staff
• Consult with parents
• Provide info and/or referrals for community resources to families