Did you know that Neil Armstrong Middle School 5th and 6th grade students have a great career exploration tool right at their fingertips?
This amazing tool is called Naviance and it’s a program that offers a series of career assessments to help students discover multiple career options, and plan their career paths based on general areas of interest, and the level of education and training required to achieve their individual goals and objectives.
These tools allow students to realize their goals, skills, knowledge, values, constraints and interests, to help them make better academic decisions. During this process, students gain a clear understanding of the academic preparation required to pursue careers that are likely to be fulfilling to them.
Not only do students have the ability to access Naviance at school but they can also access the program at home at their leisure! Fifth grade students will be introduced to the program in their LIFT class and Sixth grade students will use the program as a resource during their career unit/projects in their Reading classes. And the best part about the program – students will use it throughout their middle school years and into high school!
Students should follow these easy steps to access the Naviance program:
1. Log on to: https://connection.naviance.com/family-connection/auth/login/?hsid=neilarmstrong
2. Student email: last name.first name (nothing after that)
3. Student password: their snap account number (lunch number) which should be 6 digits in length
4. Click “log in”
5. Once the students are logged in, they will click on the “careers” tab at the top of the page
6. Students will then click on the “explore careers and clusters” link
7. They will then be able to search for careers in a variety of different ways and access a ton of useful information!
So what are you waiting for? Explore Naviance today!