The health of a student affects his/her ability to learn. Children, no matter what age, need a good night's sleep and a good breakfast to help them do their best in school each and every day.
Children who are healthy have the ability to learn more so than a child who is not feeling well. To protect your child and prevent the spread of illness to other classmates, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms within 24 hours of the start of school:
• Vomiting or diarrhea
• Temperature of 100 degrees or higher
• Continuous coughing or sneezing
• Unexplained and/or contagious rash
• Thick dark yellow or yellow-greenish drainage from the nose
• Yellowish drainage from the eye (contagious conjunctivitis—Pink Eye)
• Evidence of lice. Please call and notify the school nurse IMMEDIATELY so appropriate classroom cleaning and assessment can be done
Thank you for keeping everybody safe and healthy!