Did you know that Neil Armstrong Middle School Fifth and Sixth Grade Students have a great career exploration tool right at their fingertips? This amazing tool is called Naviance and it's a program that offers a series of career assessments that help students to discover multiple career options and plan their career paths based on general areas of interest, and the level of education and training required to achieve their individual goals and objectives.
These tools allow students to identify their goals, skills, knowledge, values, constraints and interests to help them to make better academic decisions. During this process, students gain a clear understanding of the academic preparation required to pursue careers that are likely to be fulfilling to them.
Not only do students have the ability to access Naviance at school, but they also can access the program at home at their leisure! Fifth Grade Students will be introduced to the program in their LIFT Class, and Sixth Grade Students will use the program as a resource during their career unit/projects in their Reading classes. And the best part about the program--students will use it throughout their middle school years and into high school!
Students should follow these easy steps to access the Naviance Program:
- Log on to: https://connection.naviance.com/auth/index.php/fclookup
- Student Email: last name.first name (nothing after that)
- Student Password: Student's SNAP account number (lunch number), which should be six digits in length
- Click "Log In"
- Once the student is logged in, he/she will click on the "Careers" tab at the top of the page.
- Students will then click on the "Explore Careers and Clusters" link.
- Students will then be able to search for careers in a variety of different ways and access a wealth of useful information!
So what are you waiting for? Give Naviance at try!