• Use a planner or a calendar that list upcoming tests & quizzes. Before each new school week, review the calendar and make a study plan. For example, if the test is on Thursday, begin studying on Monday night.
• Do not wait until the last minute to study. Study and review a little each night.
• Find a study place where you can concentrate and not be distracted. Clear a work space. Use a comfortable chair, and have all study materials that you'll need.
• Use index cards as study tools. For example, write the question on the front of the card and the answer on the back.
• Use highlighters to highlight key information in your notes.
• Try using acronyms to memorize certain facts.
• Tape record yourself reading your notes or book and play it back.
• Make sure that you take study breaks, eat healthy snacks, and get plenty of rest.