SCHEDULE CHANGE PROCEDURE
Ordinarily, we expect students to retain the program they have selected with the advice and consent of their parents. There are, however, circumstances that arise which necessitate a change in the course elected. When valid reasons are presented and the parent agrees, adjustments may be made.
VALID REASONS FOR A CHANGE
(DURING THE FIRST 10 DAYS OF A SEMESTER)
- Scheduling error
- Summer work is completed
- Insufficient credit for graduation
- Previous failure – Class taught by a teacher with whom the student failed and when another instructor is available
- Placed in a wrong level course
- Administration discretion
The Counselor will make corrections in schedule errors without additional approval during the first 10 days of school. These changes will be made through the use of Schedule Correction Sheets, which will be posted on the Counseling website, as well as in the Counseling Office. After the first 10 days, all requests for schedule changes must be done in the following manner:
- The teacher will recommend the withdrawal via e-mail to the counselor.
- The parent/guardian must also sign the schedule change form.
- The principal must approve if it is a core course or a course required for graduation
- The signed form will then be returned to the counselor.
- If a WD/F (Withdrawn with a Failing Grade) is given, then it will be reflected on the transcripts.
- If a WD (Withdrawn) is issued then the course will be deleted from the schedule.
- Any WD beyond the ten-day Add/Drop period will be at the discretion of the High School administration.